Tuesday 21 April 2020

R for Remembering #AtoZChallenge

source: clipart.email


"You're all about Harry Potter. Have you even read Dan Brown?"
"Of course! I love the Da Vince Code!"
"Sure. I don't think you've read it."
"I did long ago!"
"Oh yeah? Then tell me the climax of the story."
"Alright. In the end Langdon goes...ehh....Langdon..."


I started stuttering. What had happened in the end? Hell, what even was the story? There was Mary...and the Louvre palace...and a lot of history on Christianity ...but...but...what was the story? I stood aghast as I let him accuse me of lying. I was dumb as he continued to laugh at me. How could I not remember what I'd read? I remember being awed at the detailed facts in the book. I remember going online and reading up about each of those. I remember being fascinated by the pyramids of the Louvre palace and adding it to my Places-to-Travel list. But I just couldn't remember the story.

.

- - -
This is a part of the April A to Z challenge under the theme of 'My Inhibitions' or 'An Ode to Myself'. Read the other posts here.

Theme Reveal - An Ode to Myself | A for Awkwardness | B for Books | C for Connections | D for Decisions | E for Extempore | F for Failure | G for Gymming | H for Hurt | I for Individuality | J for Judgements | K for Knowledge | L for Left-Out | M for Mediocrity | N for Needful | O for Overthinking | P for Paunch | Q for Quitting | R for Remembering | S for Sensitivity | T for True-Self | U for Usefulness | V for Vexation | W for Writing | X for The Unknown | Y for YOLO | Z for Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment