Tuesday 14 April 2020

L for Left-Out #AtoZChallenge


source: Needpix

In the comfort of room number 111, I reclined in my single bed basking in the sweet solitude. What a pity for the ones who couldn't enjoy their own company! Having some me-time was always lovely. Even necessary, I'd say. While the ones from the other rooms gathered around in times of boredom, I found myself hardly ever encountering that term. Smiling to myself, I sat enjoying the private freedom within the room when the phone rang.


"Hello?"
"Hello Dashy. I called to remind you that your fine is highly overdue."

I stopped short.

"I have a fine??"
Silence.
"Oh."

In the next ten minutes, I hurriedly pulled on a pair of jeans and top while frantically calling up the ones who could help me settle the issue. It so seemed that there were several others who'd had the same problem as mine. I rang each of them individually and each time my heart sank further. There wasn't a single person who hadn't already solved the problem weeks ago. I was on my own.


An Ode to the Self by Darshana Suresh






- - -
This is a part of the April A to Z challenge under the theme of 'My Inhibitions' or 'An Ode to Myself'. Read the other posts here.

Theme Reveal - An Ode to Myself | A for Awkwardness | B for Books | C for Connections | D for Decisions | E for Extempore | F for Failure | G for Gymming | H for Hurt | I for Individuality | J for Judgements | K for Knowledge | L for Left-Out | M for Mediocrity | N for Needful | O for Overthinking | P for Paunch | Q for Quitting | R for Remembering | S for Sensitivity | T for True-Self | U for Usefulness | V for Vexation | W for Writing | X for The Unknown | Y for YOLO | Z for Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment